Making the move to a natural moisturizer can feel overwhelming because of the amount of natural products that are available. This transition can be made easier if you understand what separates a natural moisturizer from a non-natural formula as well as how a natural moisturizer works without using lab-created ingredients. Another important factor in choosing a natural moisturizer is knowing your skin type and understanding the issues associated with it.
If you’ve decided to make the change to a natural face moisturizer, this article will guide you through everything you need to know to find the best all natural face moisturizer for your skin. What is the best moisturizer for your face? Find your skin type and check out our best natural moisturizer for face reviews.
NATURAL FACE MOISTURISER COMPARISON CHART
WHAT IS A NATURAL FACE MOISTURIZER?
So what is a good face moisturizer with natural ingredients? Check out our top 5 reviews.
HOW DOES A NATURAL FACE MOISTURIZER WORK?
Natural face creams are able to function similar to non-natural creams by using ingredients that have similar attributes but without the side effects. For instance, honey naturally boosts collagen production like copper peptides but without the risk of causing flakiness.
Facial moisturizers that use natural ingredients are also typically the best option for individuals who are of the oily and/or acne-prone types. An oily face needs just as much added moisture as a dry face, as sebaceous oil activity can still be normal or overactive in skin that is dehydrated.
PROS AND CONS OF A NATURAL FACE MOISTURIZER
- Natural facial moisturizers can be used on every skin type because their ingredients are less harsh than artificial ingredients.
- The chance of side effects drop dramatically when dealing with natural moisturizers compared to non-natural products.
- There are some conditions that a natural moisturizer isn’t able to treat. Severe cases of acne or conditions like rosacea, psoriasis or eczema may require prescription grade formulas.
- One size doesn’t fit all. You still need to find a moisturizer that meets your own needs.
CHOOSING A NATURAL FACE MOISTURIZER – BUYING GUIDE
KNOW YOUR SKIN TYPE
NIGHT CREAMS VERSUS DAY CREAMS
BEST NATURAL FACE MOISTURIZER REVIEWS: OUR TOP 5 PICKS
1. Era Organics Natural Face Moisturizer Cream Advanced Healing
The product is designed to increase collagen production to provide a smooth, youthful appearance. This rich, creamy formula also prevents further damage from UV Rays and free radicals for up to 12 hours after application.
The moisturizer is composed of a collection of organic and non-organic ingredients including Manuka Honey, Coconut Oil, Aloe Vera, Blue Green Algae and Hemp Seed Oil. Based on these excellent ingredients, this is definitely our best all natural face moisturizer pick.
- Era Organics offers a money-back guarantee on this product.
- The moisturizer can be used by individuals of all ages.
- It assists with balancing the PH level of the skin.
- The large number of ingredients can cause an adverse reaction for some skin types.
2. Christina Moss Naturals – Organic Facial Moisturizer
Nearly all of the moisturizer ingredients are Certified Organic, so users are less likely to experience any skin irritation. The Certified Organic ingredients include Aloe Vera Juice, Apricot Kernel Oil, Grape Seed Oil, Avocado Oil and Star Anise Seed Oil.
- Contains many ingredients that are Certified Organic.
- Avoids harsh chemicals including parabens and sulfates.
- The moisturizer can be worn during the day as well as overnight.
- While there is no added fragrance, the product naturally has a black licorice scent.
3. Amara Organics Retinol Cream for Face
The formula is designed to fix any hyperpigmentation and scarring that may have occurred from sun damage and acne. It also reduces fine lines and prevents new breakouts.
The moisturizer also contains Hyaluronic Acid, Shea Butter and Jojoba Oil to provide an intense level of moisture that penetrates deep into the skin. It is also paraben and fragrance-free.
- The moisturizer contains Retinol.
- Battles the signs of aging like wrinkles, fine lines and hyperpigmentation.
- Smooths old acne scars while preventing new breakouts.
- Retinol products can cause some dryness to occur following the first few uses.
4. Bee Friendly Skincare Natural Anti-Aging Face and Eye Cream
The product uses honey as a natural wrinkle eliminator which is amplified by the age-fighting elements of Vitamin A and Vitamin E found in the olive oil. Other ingredients include Purified Water, Bergamot Essential Oil and Amyris Sandalwood Essential Oil.
- The formula is concentrated, so the product lasts for longer than many of its competitors.
- Gentle enough to be used around eyes.
- One of the few products that uses honey and beeswax.
- The essential oils can leave a woodsy smell.
5. LilyAna Naturals Face Cream Moisturizer
Along with moisturizing, the cream uses Rose Distillate to naturally boost collagen while reducing scars and discoloration. The collagen production is aided by Aloe Vera and Orange Extract to smooth out fine lines and produce a more youthful glow.
The moisturizer also contains Avocado Oil, Organic Lemon Extract, Organic Cranberry Extract and Coenzyme Q10.
- Fights the signs of aging.
- Prevents acne while reducing scarring from previous breakouts.
- Smooths the overall appearance of skin for a youthful appearance.
- The product has a strong floral scent.
- Must be mixed often because the ingredients separate.
FINDING THE BEST NATURAL FACE MOISTURIZER FOR YOU
Once you know your list of requirements, you can use this list as a guide when browsing natural face moisturizers. Look at each product’s ingredients and the issues it works to improve, then compare it to your own list. When you find a product that matches, try the product for a few weeks before evaluating if it’s meeting all your needs.