Table of Contents
- Miravage Facial Redness and Rosacea Relief Cream & Anti-Aging Moisturizer Serum
- Era Organics Face Cream
- Aveeno Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream
- HoneySkin Organics Aloe Vera Ultimate Face and Body Cream
- La Roche-Posay Soothing Moisturizer
Compare Natural Face Moisturizers for Rosacea
Advantages of Using a Natural Face Moisturizer
1. These creams can help to reduce wrinkles:
2. Moisturizers are ideal for your skin:
3. The oils protect your skin:
4. The creams shrink enlarged pores:
5. The moisturizers down rashes:
Specialized moisturizers have anti-inflammatory properties that help to quell irritation caused by rosacea. Geranium is an example of an ingredient that can reduce the redness caused by rosacea.
What to Consider When Looking for Moisturizers for Rosacea
If you are struggling with rosacea, it’s easy to think that you are battling the problem alone. There are at least more than 16 million people living with the condition in the United States alone. There are good options when treating the condition.
Moisturizing your skin is a great way to protect your skin when treating rosacea. Some natural face moisturizers offer protection against environmental factors that exacerbate rosacea symptoms.
Before you settle on a moisturizer, read this review carefully, and always talk to your dermatologist.
- Avoid moisturizers that have too many fragrances. You should also avoid harsh cleansers, or any products that contain alcohol as they may contribute to rosacea outbreaks.
- Watch out for rosacea irritants found in different skin care products. They include alcohol, fragrance, Hazel, eucalyptus oil, peppermint and menthol. Other things you want to avoid include exfoliating agents, astringents and anything else that’s harsh for sensitive skin.
- Test any product on a peripheral area before you apply it on your skin. That will help you avoid any product that you react to and take note of the ingredients. Rosacea irritants vary from one person to another, and your own skin’s reaction should be your guide.
Mistakes to Avoid When Applying Moisturizers
Over saturating your skin
Rubbing the skin too hard
Not allowing the cream to sink in
Forgetting the area under the eyes
Forgetting the neck area
What you Should Know Before Using Moisturizer for Rosacea
1. Premature wrinkles:
2. Your complexion may be dull and flaky:
3. Your layer of protection may become lost:
4. Your skin may become itchy:
Read the Label
Sensitive skinSkin care products are characterized to suit different skin types. Common skin types include oily, dry, combination, and sensitive. Rosacea makes your skin dry; that doesn’t necessarily mean you should use moisturizers for people with dry skin. They contain too much oil, emollients and humectants that can be hard on your skin. The irritant potential outweighs the potential hydrating properties you get. Choose a mild moisturizer formulated for sensitive skin since they moisturize your skin and are gentle.
Bland moisturizersThese moisturizers are free from harsh ingredients that irritate the skin. You want to avoid anything that can trigger a flare-up. Avoid using moisturizers that have redundant components. The best products alleviate your skin’s dryness. Avoid moisturizers with alcohol, fragrances and related additives.
Avoid acne treatment productsRegardless of whether your rosacea is accompanied with pimples, it is not advisable to use moisturizers formulated for treating acne. They have ingredients such as benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid that can dry your skin. Consult a dermatologist for the best way to treat acne while dealing with rosacea.
Calming ingredientsTry using moisturizers that have a calming effect on your skin to reduce the symptoms of rosacea. Chamomile, aloe and green tea are natural products that have a soothing effect. That will help to lessen the redness and inflammation you could be experiencing.
SunscreenExposure to the sun is a known trigger for rosacea flare ups. Choose a moisturizer with an SPF 15 protection or higher or stay covered!
5 of the Best Moisturizers for Relieving Rosacea Reviewed
- You can wear it under your makeup
- Offers anti-aging benefits
- There is no greasy feeling
- Quickly absorbed into your skin
- Has a light scent that lingers
- 60-day money back guarantee
- Non-greasy formula
- Has anti-aging properties
- Can be a bit expensive
- Recommended by dermatologists
- Fast acting formula that hydrates and soothes
- Steroid and fragrance free
- Reasonably priced
- Great packaging for easy use
- Relatively thick formula feels heavy during application
- Organic product
- Doesn’t have fillers like mineral oils, parabens or water
- Light non-greasy formula
- No fragrance
- A little bit costly
- Few people allergic to some ingredients
- Fragrance free
- Reduces chances of skin dryness
- Easy to apply light texture
- It is relatively expensive