Compare Lighted Makeup Mirrors
Upper West LED
What is a Lighted Makeup Mirror?
How Does a Lighted Makeup Mirror Work?
Don’t Try This at Home!
Pros and cons of a Lighted Makeup Mirror
- Provides better and brighter lighting to see in normally dark or unnaturally lit rooms and small spaces.
- Some can be used for travel and are easy to transport.
- Magnifies every pore and hair follicle of the face so that you can pay closer attention to every minute detail.
- Adjustable so that you can chose the exact angle and mode of lighting that works best for you.
- Lighted makeup mirrors magnify up to 10X the actual amount meaning that you get up close and personal with every flaw your face has to offer.
- Sometimes give off a distorted or warped facial appearance when used to closely.
Buying Tips for Choosing a Lighted Makeup Mirror
- The type of bulb
- The size of the mirror
- Magnification capabilities
Perks of an LED Light
- An LED light bulb will live roughly 40% longer than other incandescent bulbs.
- LED lights will reduce the cost of your annual electricity bill by 10 to 20%, and sometimes more.
- LED lights are power-saving and longer-lasting.
- LED lights are an overall better choice for the environment
Our Top Rated Lighted Makeup Mirror Reviews!
Jerdon Tri-Fold Two-Sided Lighted Makeup Mirror
Our Best Rated Lighted Makeup Mirror
- Features non-warming fluorescent lighting so that you don’t overheat or sweat while applying your makeup.
- Glare free, providing a sharp and accurate picture.
- Tubular lights tend to burn out quickly and don’t last very long.
- The 5X micro-magnification settings tends to distort facial features.
Ovente 9.5 inch LED Lighted Wall Mount Makeup Mirror
- Dual power and voltage options allows you to plug in or use batteries for a cordless and clutter-free cosmetic experience.
- 10X magnification allows for the ultimate up-close and detailing.
- Sturdy and sleek design make for an attractive and durable addition to your cosmetic routine.
- The 10x magnification side is concave, causing the focal area to be very small and difficult to use.
- Magnification causes distortion in appearance and is occasionally “blurry.”
Conair Oval Double-Sided Lighted Mirror
- The power cord is 60 inches long, allowing you to move freely in a crowded bathroom space.
- Elegant and attractive in appearance.
- This mirror weighs 2.6 pounds, making it slightly cumbersome and heavy for travel.
- This mirror uses a rare bulb making it harder to replace.
- There is no way to adjust the light which makes it a bit dark if there is no additional overhead lighting. You can, however, use this more easily found bulb: GE Clear Night Light Candelabra Base 4 Watt C7 Bulb.
Upper West Collection LED Lighted Makeup Mirror
- This mirror is foldable and compactable for easy on-the-go trips and adventures.
- Great for removing hard-to-see unwanted eyebrow, facial and chin hairs.
- Easy to put up and take down suction cup; to remove, simply twist the suction mechanism and pull on the suction tab.
- Batteries only last 6 to 9 months.
- Suction cup technology is nice but isn’t perfect. Sometimes the mirror slides slowly down the mirror and sometimes, especially after a long and hot shower, the mirror can fall off entirely.
Claydore’s Wireless Touch Activated LED Lighted Makeup Mirror
- The image is clear and is not distorted like many other magnifying mirrors.
- The mirror is easily transportable and fits well in office bags, gym bags and school bags.
- The suction mechanism is easily set up and taken down; it also holds very well.
- Comes with a padded carrier bag
- The touch-light activation is easily bumped and, therefore, accidentally turned on during transportation. This could prematurely exhaust the batteries.
- It doesn’t have a normal sized mirror; it only features a 7X magnification side.